Sunday, February 21, 2010

There’s a new girl in town

DSC_0004

A new quilt in the stack, see her

DSC_0005

Her name is…… Swanky ( posh high-class glamorous classy cool hip awesome super swank ) by Chez Moi for Moda

Piecing my back didn’t turn out quite as I planned …. oh well my quilt isn’t perfect and neither am I. And as my Mom would say “It’s not a contest”. Whatever

DSC_0059

Yes it’s Swanky on the back, which wasn’t planned but it worked out ok and made 2 quilts in one. There is a lot going on in this quilt and it makes me happy!

DSC_0073

Verna by Kate Spain for Moda

Swanky Verna measures 66”x72”, a nice size quilt for snuggling or sleeping.

DSC_0065

This quilt was inspired by Amanda Jean @ Crazymomquilts and Rachel @ P.S. I Quilt thanks for the inspiration ladies!

DSC_0081

I’m not sure which block is my favorite, I love them all front and back.

DSC_0049

I feel like this design showcases the fabric and it works up pretty fast. If anyone had told me I would be stitching quilts with raw edges exposed a couple years ago I wouldn’t have believed them. This is my third and I really love them.

DSC_0092

Machine pieced and quilted in four sections, I’ve been machine quilting for a little over a year now and I like it, I still love to hand quilt though.

DSC_0046

One more down ~~~ lots to go

DSC_0091

I made a little terrarium, it was a lot of fun and smells like my favorite greenhouse.

DSC_0018


xoShawn

10 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how funnn! I love how your quilt turned out, Shawn! So nice to see those springie colors against a backdrop of snow. A sure sign of things to come...hopefully soon! hugs, kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt!!!! I love your label too. You are awesome, thanks for sharing Shawn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! Great photos of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new GIRL.... she is the loveliest ever!! ANd your photos... just like candy.... Thankyou for all the inspiration... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is so pretty coming and going. I like the raggy look of this pattern-hadn't seen it before.
    ~Jenny~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I just stumbled onto this website looking for quilts. These are beautiful. You have inspired me to get my old fabric out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just looking around after seeing your entry on the bqf and saw this one. i love it! Is the pattern still available? I think it's my next project :D Blessings,
    heather@Tripleblessing

    ReplyDelete