Thursday, June 3, 2010

Monkeys in Oz……

I can’t remember when I made this sock monkey for my son, maybe 10 or 12 years ago, he is showing his well loved age a little…  He was actually packed away in the closet, poor little guy.  He inspires me to stitch another, they are fun to make.

DSC_0002

I just love the Oz fabric line and thought it was perfect for another raw edge circle quilt, inspired by Allison over at Cluck Cluck Sew.

DSC_0026

Monkeys in Oz measures 66”x78”, a nice (big/large) size.

 DSC_0010 

Sock Monkeys on the back and Oz on the front.

DSC_0012

It’s a little on the heavy side though, I didn’t cut out behind the circles .  Oh well I have enough scraps around here.

DSC_0006

This fabric reminds me of the 70’s??

DSC_0037

I feel like  I should make a little outfit for my monkey they are so cute dressed!

DSC_0015

Sock Monkeys are just so silly I can’t help but love their sweetness!!

DSC_0004

I’m pretty happy with my machine quilting on this one. I like the circles, loops, flowers/butterflies and a wavy stitch my machine made.

DSC_0031

I’ll be taking a little blog break, I need to spend some summertime with my family, mow, weed, mulch and grow my gardens ~  all of these chores make me happy,  or I’ll just keep telling myself that………

xoShawn

9 comments:

  1. Shawn, I LOVE it! I love everything about it, the fabric, the pattern and your quilting is great! I love the sock monkey too! Have a nice break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great!! Have fun this Summer! I agree...Summer is all about family (and the yard) :D
    Blesings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sock monkey looks so happy to be out among the beautiful quilts!! He wants to know why you left him there soooo long ...... He deserves a nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your monkey Shawn! He's adorable and yess please make him a nice outfit! I'm always amazed when I look at your work, I mean where do you find the patience to sew all these fabulous quilts? I know you love sewing but you have to be truly talented and I think it's admirable!
    Have a lovely well deserved break Shawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE!!!!!! Man your fast, I love the fabrics you used in this! Thanks for sharing it with me! -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh For Cute! This little quilt is adorable! I LOVE the sock monkeys - you are tooo clever.

    On another note, I discovered that you are one of my "problem" (well, not for me, but that's my group name for you guys) blogs that I can't comment on from certain computers. I'll comment and then blogger asks for my pwd and then it does nothing. I thought I was commenting and then after a few times, I realized I wasn't. Dang it! It just means I have to remember to read you from certain computers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilts and the sock monkey. You inspire me to make stuffed animals for my own kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun quilt!! I love that it's totally reversible! I just finished a sock monkey quilt, too, they are just so sweet. How did you make your son's sock monkey? He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really cute! and i love the quilting, i think i might have to try the circle quilting. and that pattern.

    ReplyDelete