Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry-go-Round and Farmhouse Quilts

My Merry-go-Round quilt measures 60''x68" and was completed in November of 2oo8. I used two jelly rolls in the Wee Play design. This is the first time I have used jelly rolls and I love them. This quilt was so much fun to make machine stitched and hand quilted 1/4" away from all the seams. After I hung the quilt for its photo, I noticed the sun shining through the front, it looked like stained glass. I love this picture!!





I quilt all my quilts in on my lap in pieces, this one I quilted in three pieces. I've been thinking a little about a longarm quilting machine, but the handwork is really the favorite part of the process for me, quiet and relaxing.



The back is a printed muslin with flowers and butterflies, it reminded me of my Mom she loved butterflies.





My "Farmhouse" quilt measures 52"x72" and was completed in June 2oo8. It has flannels on the front and cotton on the back. Machine pieced and hand quilted in the ditch.



I quilted this Quilt in five pieces


And while I was taking this picture today.


Riley proceeded to help himself to this. Bad boy Riley ~ I love you.


4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your Merry-go-Round, Shawn! I made a mini-version a few months back and I loved it. It was one of the funnest quilts ever to make - I didn't know what it was going to look like till it was done. Too fun. I love your fabs, love the colors... I love your dog helping himself to it. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Merry - go - Round! I want one, too...
    ; )

    (The jelly rolls from wee play, recess and snippets are all just waiting for some action in my cupboard)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog and I am in love with it!!! The merry-go-round quilt is to die for!!!!!

    ReplyDelete