Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Quilt for Cailin


May all your days be Sunny and all your skies be Blue.
Love, Shawn xo
2009


This is a sad story , little 3 year old Cailin's Mom a young 24 years died from cancer last Friday. I made this quilt for her.


I used fabric from the Cottage Romance Collection. I already had all the blocks completed and quilted, I just had to put them together. This fabric has always reminded me of a little girl.


This is the back ~ very random as is the front.
The quilt measures 48"x64".

I machine quilted this quilt in 42 pieces.
Riley likes the look of it....


Yummy quilt!

May I please, please lay on it???


No you may not!

I hope this quilt helps to comfort you Cailin.


Finished two more Bunny Hill BOMs
one

two

Two more Farmhouse Woolens BOMs too!
one


two



Happy July Memories!


Quilt LOve,
xoShawn

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, a very sad story indeed. What a thoughtful gestture though -- your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sure she will love the quilt. you did a great job!

    (I finished my hexagon quilt top!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh.. Shawn.. what a wonderful quilt you made for her...it will comfort her and it will be treasured a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quilt... the colors, the fabrics... the randomness!

    I love your Bunny Hill BOM blocks. LOVE, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the quiltshops site. what a great resource.

    ReplyDelete