Monday, April 27, 2009

Dots


Two charm packs of Mary Englebreit's "Recipe for Friendship"


I named this quilt "Dots" because one early morning while appliqueing my husband asked if I was making dots ~~ sounds good to me.


Dots measures 66"x78".


I don't really know why I hand appliqued all the circles, because then I ran over ever darn one of them with my machine quilting. Not too badly, just a little and thank goodness I drive my car better than I drive my sewing machine...


I am really happy with the way it turned out and it will be taking lots of trips to the beach.


I quilted "Dots" in five pieces.

And also pieced my binding.


I tried not to run over my circles because I wanted them to puff out a little on the front.

Riley said "Hey your shoes match Mom's quilt".


xo Quilt Love,
Shawn

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed, this quilt is so cheerful and fun. My hubby just leaned over from his pc to have a peek, his comment...WOW!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shawn -- that's just cute as can be. I love the contrast of the squares and the circles -- and that bright, happy green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt! I love it. I love, too, the sight of it blowing in the breeze on the clothesline. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is beautiful! great job on the quilting. It looks perfect in the pictures, and the circles pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thimbleanna stole the thoughts in my head! Your quilt is a masterpiece. Master-dot! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete