Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cotton Blossoms Quilt


Just a little 8'' block sampler, this is the back with the sun shining through, I think it looks like stained glass.
Machine pieced and quilted in three sections.


My quilt measures 52"x62", it went together very fast!


My little ball player peeking around the corner!
I pieced the binding and hand stitched it on the front because I like to see the stitches and I enjoy looking at the fabrics close up while I stitch.


I used two different fabrics on the back.


And a coin strip, these fabrics are so nice to look at!

I had some vintage orange cotton ric-rac so I stitched it down the middle of my "cover the seams" binding strips.


One Charm Pack and a Jelly Roll of Moda's "Cotton Blossoms" by Bonnie and Camille, so everything matches ~~~ Yea!!


My girl who loves to play ball twice a day everyday, rain, snow, sleet or hail..... oh and I could never throw a ball that far, I have to use a tennis racket.

xo Quilt LOve,
Shawn

5 comments:

  1. love love love it! I love your sunshine through the quilt pictures. and using a tennis racket, ya that would be me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... love the quilt... and I love the picture of when the sun shines through it.. :o)) And I love the back of your quilt... so so clever!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shawn -- that's a GREAT quilt! You get so many beautiful quilts done -- you're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL WORK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really beautiful. I just love really good modern samplers.

    ReplyDelete