Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Obsession...

an idea,wish, etc. that fills one's thoughts and cannot be put out of the mind. I embroidered my signature tag for this quilt named "Obsession", and made a little ruffle for the edge out of the selvedge. K picked the name for me when on Sunday I was making some buttermilk waffles and used 4 cups instead of 4 tablespoons of sugar in the recipe (uh.... it was a new recipe and we wouldn't need any syrup on them ; )). Needless to say he told me "I think you're obsessed with that quilt you are making" I guess maybe I was, thus the name. This is the first quilt I have ever machine stippled. Three advils (it gave me a bit of a tension headache) and two days later finished! The only time in my sewing life I have actually wanted to run out of bobbin (so I could take a break). But I love the end result and would definitely do it again. Also gardening gloves help alot, they make it much easier to grip the fabric.
That's "The Little Red Hen" at the bottom of the tag!

Closeup of fabrics.


I used a nice soft flannel for the back that I had on hand, and I can't believe how well it coordinated with the Charisma fabric. I didn't have quite enough so I added a neat stripe fabric that didn't photograph very well.


"Obsession" Machine pieced and quilted, measures 65" x 87" before washing after it measures 62"x 82". Two weeks start to finish, completed in February 2009. I have never completed a twin size quilt this fast and I didn't work on it everyday. I love the way it turned out and it feels warm and cozy.


xo ~Quilt love

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo!!! I LOVE it -- I love the colors and the pattern -- AND the tag! What a fantastic idea to add that little selvedge ruffle.

    ReplyDelete