Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ragged Red Squares

Inspired by Crazy Mom Quilts. I found the inspiration for this quilt on Amanda's blog one evening and woke up the next morning thinking about creating one for myself. It was lots of fun and I would make another.
I have never made a quilt like this before, raw edges exposed.....

I didn't worry about placement of any of the squares on the back ~ didn't even look until it was all sewn together *randomness* and I like it.

I named this quilt Happy Valentine's Day, but ran out of time on Valentine's Day to post about it.

I machine pieced and hand quilted all my blocks before I sewed them together.

Then placed them on my temporary design wall.

Sewed binding strips to cover all the seams on the back.

Good thing I love hand sewing ; )

I was so afraid when I washed and dried, it would all fall apart, it stayed together fine.




xo Quilt LOve

3 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! It's so bright and cheery and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING and BEAUTIFUL... and also what Anna said! I love your photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an AMAZING quilt! i love how you constructed it. and beautiful colors, too!

    ReplyDelete