Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Not looking/feeling much like Spring around here…

That’s ok more time for sewing *yay, and I have finished a couple quilts.

DSC_0080

Soft edge pattern by “Cotton Way” in the Simple Abundance line by Moda.

DSC_0007

Still need to clip a few threads…..or more than a few haha.

I trimmed the edge with some vintage red cotton ric-rac. I’ve had this fabric and pattern for awhile, so glad to finish it, and I’m very happy with the quilt.

DSC_0002

And the Cubby Stars quilt a long, made with “Fresh Cottons” on the front and “Breakfast at Tiffanys” polka dots on the back. Thanks for the instruction Tracy!!

DSC_0029

I used a bamboo and cotton blend batting and I really like it.

It’s not quite as stiff as warm and natural.

DSC_0060

Joanna from Fig Tree Quilts designs beautiful fabrics.

DSC_0049

DSC_0022

I love this quilt!

DSC_0027

xoShawn

7 comments:

  1. Oh Shawn -- they're both just beautiful! I'm not usually a big fan of ragged edged quilts, but I love this one -- very clever pattern. And the stars in the other quilt are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo lovely... Love them both... Actually the Cotton Way quilt of yours have a sister ... Right here at my place... Got it as a gift and i love it!!
    The fresh cottons quilt is a masterpiece!!! Soo gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love both your quilts! those colors are just delicious!! not to mention, I love the photos of them on the trees, etc. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Shawn, BEAUTIFUL quilts! You have a good eye for color placement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! You are so talented! I'm your newest follower- so in love with these amazing quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful pair of quilts! I've always wanted to try a raw edge quilt like the one you made and I really love Fig Tree fabrics too! Love how you label your quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both quilts are just so beautiful! You do such nice work, Shawn. I love fig tree fabric as well. I made a strawberry fields quilt and it feels and looks so pretty and soft. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete