Saturday, August 22, 2009

A little Pesto and a little Panache....

A little pesto...
Basil pesto, not the prettiest, but so yummy, as in fresh tomato and pesto pizza!


This has been a great year for Basil in my herb garden. I substituted toasted walnuts for the pine nuts in my pesto, and it was very good. The only pine nuts I could find were from China~~~~ um no thank you.


Greek Columnar Basil, the best basil in every way. This basil is about four feet tall, a real beauty!


A little knitting...
My first pair of socks. I've actually finished one sock, but it turned out kind of baggy, maybe they will shrink in the wash, or I'll just wear them as slippers.


I've always been a little intimidated by sock knitting, but I really enjoyed it. For me it was just getting thru the first couple rows then ~~~ what fun, relaxing knitting!! I will be making more socks.


A little sewing...
I'm finally coming down the home stretch on my Crazy Mom Quilts ninepatch. I actually have two more sections finished, not shown here.


This is the back. I love this fabric on the it reminds me of the saying "The moon, the stars, anything for you" or how ever it goes ~~~


And a little Panache...
Panache is a word of French origin that carries the connotation of a flamboyant manner and reckless courage. Made in Japan, by Sanae for Moda, I think I will make a scrappy quilt out of this fabric. From my favorite online fabric shop.

And I love my home x3.




xoShawn

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow Shawn -- you've been busy! What a great idea to subs. walnuts for pine nuts -- those little suckers are expensive here -- I'll have to try that. Love the sock -- glad you like sock knitting. And your 9-patch is gorgeous -- I love the colors you chose. I just finished up my blocks last night -- I'm waiting on my background fabric to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much for your visit to my blog. Those socks are just beautiful and your quilting so accomplished. There's no doubt you live in a truly beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete