Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wool Gardens and Cotton Blossoms


Seven blocks completed for the Wool Garden BOM.


Pictures don't do justice to how beautiful the wools are.


I was a little behind but it didn't take long to catch up.


If you are thinking of participating in a BOM with Karen from Farmhouse Woolens you won't be disappointed her wool is beautiful!


And I've been a bit side tracked working with my Cotton Blossoms fabric. I love everything about it including the name. This is 1/3 of the quilt.

I've had this fabric since before Christmas, just wasn't sure what to do with it.


So I just went for it with some 8 inch blocks and 2 inch borders. Some of these blocks go against everything I ever learned when starting to quilt and I love them, totally uneven on purpose and then just square them up at the end. I was thinking about hand quilting this one, but I didn't. I am feeling a lot more comfortable with my stippling and there are so many wonderful fabrics out there, if I don't machine quilt I'll never get to them all!


xo Quilt LOve,
Shawn

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh.. you are up to date with your blocks...congrats!!!! sigh..am a bit behind... got stuck on block ...wanted to exchange the blue wool...to a lighter... and there is where I am..;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that woodland bloom quilt is just adorable. I love your "different" blocks -- that would be hard for me too, but oh, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your cotton blossom quilt! cant wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    With your permission I'd like to add your blog to the blog page of my new quilting directory, Quilt Qua : http://www.quiltqua.com/links/blogs/ You can let me know if you'd like to be included. If you would like to be on the first alpha list, you simply need to let me know you've made mention, or placed a link on your site, back to Quilt Qua. I can send you a graphic if you'd like one for that purpose.

    I try to check my lists, but if I've already contacted you, I'm sorry.

    I look forward to hearing from you. Please note photos are always welcome on the Show and Tell page (right now there is a giveaway connected to the show and tell), and do let me know if I've missed your business to list on the web site!


    --
    Thank you,
    Connie Colten
    Quilt Qua
    www.quiltqua.com
    619-562-0867

    ReplyDelete